Need dedication, expertise, and someone who makes the whole process tons of fun? Let’s chat.
Hi, I’m Monica Hollins, founder of Outside the Box Consulting, LLC (OTBC, LLC).
I opened seven incredible amenities in six years.
When you’re managing the development of a new master-planned or multi-family community, the last thing you need is to be distracted from the end-goal: an incredible neighborhood to serve families and individuals for decades to come. (And, let’s be honest, to stay on-time and on-budget)
There are a lot of priorities vying for your attention.
I get it.
I founded Outside the Box Consulting for that reason – to have an even bigger impact on how amenity design and lifestyle programming are implemented within the larger landscape of the master-planned and multi-family community industry and to assist in making the development process that much smoother.
After years of working with real estate developers making their visions a reality, I knew I wanted to dive in deeper. Executives (like you) behind these communities need support to take these projects from dream to reality. Schedules (and budgets) are always tight, so I wanted to create a company that could handle things from end-to-end, a one-stop shop to bring their community vision to fruition.
From innovative agrihoods to traditional amenity spaces, Outside of the Box Consulting can embrace any idea and take it to the next level, all while aligning with the developer’s goals and vision.
Ready to get started?
Schedule a time for us to discuss how I can help. Or if you just can’t wait to speak to me, give me a call!
Let’s make it happen.
Want to happily dust off multiple awards for ‘Master-Planned Community of the Year’? Work with me and let’s make it happen.
You’re probably wondering what qualifies me to make such a claim.
Here’s a little more about me:
- I’ve been at this since 2003 when I managed programming events at a private health club owned by DMB Inc. and Associates, achieving exponential growth in membership.
- In 2007, I cannonballed into the HOA world as a Lifestyle Director for CCMC working for large master-planned, developer-ran communities implementing a lifestyle and wellness program, and was promoted in 2010 to run a resort-style, single-family community and condominium sub-association.
- I then took over as community manager at the prestigious, The Plaza Lofts at Kierland Commons, bringing with me years of experience in management, lifestyle programming, my service-first mentality, and upbeat personality and helped the board transition to homeowner control.
- I landed a three-year contract with the board for CCMC and received the AACM G.E.M. (Guiding Excellence in Management Award) while serving my residents in 2015.
- In 2015, I was approached yet again on a newly created position for a new client, Freehold Communities, Director of Lifestyle Services. Continuing with CCMC, I moved my family from Scottsdale, Arizona to Austin, Texas.
- This year, I’ve gone out on my own to continue working on the development side of the trade, assisting homebuilders and developers in making their vision a reality and giving it a fresh perspective.
My areas of expertise are vast.
- Always ensure lifestyle and wellness programming match the brand, demographics, and vision of the client
- Consistently bring innovative ideas and events to sites
- Experienced community manager and CAAM certified
- Have trained and onboarded lifestyle directors
- Have assisted in hiring all management staff
- Professional speaking engagements for our industry
- Hiring management companies
- Increased resident and member satisfaction
- Onboarding of new amenities – for example, for Freehold Communities, onboarding included but was not exclusive to:
- leading priority action list meetings for the team
- ordering fitness equipment and creating supply lists
- writing policies and procedures, rentals guidelines, reviewing CCRs, and budgets
- locating and partnering with vendors and obtaining liquor licenses
- assisting with agrihood implementation and policies
- creating a lifestyle strategic plan
- planning and executing events including but not limited to: broker events, grand openings, and resident events
Wanna know more about me?
I enjoy spending time with my husband Christopher “Lamont” and daughter Olivia. I get such joy watching her play basketball and any other extracurricular activity she may be involved in. My family and I are big basketball fans, we enjoy a good Netflix binge, and I love spending time with the ladies in my Bible study. We are fortunate to live in a great master-planned community that provides not only great schools and trails but most of all great people. Our neighborhood regularly gets together on the weekends to celebrate anything we can and we are each other’s extended family.
To say I am blessed is an understatement.
Copyright © 2022 Outside The Box Consulting, LLC. All rights reserved.